I adapted a recipe I found and created amazing gluten-free brownies that got rave reviews and requests for seconds (and thirds) from people who normally scoff at GF food! 😊
So, naturally, I’m sharing!
Here you go:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/2 cup King Arthur’s Measure for Measure Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Small bag of lightly toasted walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan. (I’ve also used foil pans like these to make them portable and easy to gift! A little bit of cellophane, some cheerful ribbon and a tag makes these holiday-gift ready in a pinch!)
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large pan and remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup cacao powder, 1/2 cup gluten-free flour, kosher salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in lightly-toasted walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake in your preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Watch the time and make sure you don’t overcook!
Leave a Reply